Kicking Contaminants Where It Hurts
All Aquagear® water filters are made in the USA and BPA-free. For the last 15 years Aquagear® has perfected its unique formula of activated coconut carbon and ion-exchange materials to give you healthier and great-tasting water.
While many brands promise to remove trace amounts of chlorine, our unique filter removes up to 99.99% of contaminants commonly found in municipal tap water, including not just chlorine, but fluoride, lead, chromium-6, trace pharmaceuticals, and industrial and agricultural pollutants.
What are some contaminants that Aquagear® filters remove from your tap water?Here is list of key contaminants that Aquagear® removes from tap water and what the EPA says about potential long-term health effects to you and your family.
- Fluoride: Longterm exposure to Fluoride can cause Fluorosis.
- Atrazine: Exposure to Atrazine can lead to cardiovascular damage or reproductive difficulties.
- Lead: Childhood exposure to lead can hinder physical development and cause learning disabilities.
- Chromium 6: The indigestion of Chromium-6 may be carcinogenic according to the EPA.
- Cadmium: Exposure to cadmium can cause liver damage.
- Trihalomethanes (TTHMs): Exposure to TTHMs can cause miscarriage among expecting mothers.
- Chlorine: Chlorine combines with organic material in tap water to create harmful by-products like Trihalomethanes and Chloroform,
- Mercury: Mercury from agricultural and industrial runoff can cause kidney damage over time.
How Aquagear® Filters WorkAquagear® water filters are made out of activated carbon and a unique formulation of ion exchange materials that provide the greatest contaminant reduction in the industry.
- ACTIVATED COCONUT CARBON: Absorbant carbon derived from coconut shells that remove organic compounds and pollutants from water. As contaminated water passes through the Aquagear water filter, absorbant carbon media trap and neutralize waterborne pollutants. These toxins include disinfectants like chlorine, solvents, PCB’s, PBDE’s, and compounds that cause bad taste and odor.
- CRM ION EXCHANGE MEDIAS: A blend of proprietary media bonded in a chelative matrix to effectively remove heavy metals, industrial and agricultural pollutants, and trace pharmaceuticals. Using adsorption, absorption, chemical bonding, chelation, and depth filtration, Aquagear’s unique formulation of activated carbon and ion exchange materials turns ordinary tap water into great-tasting, filtered water.
See how Aquagear® compares to Brita®